Even adults will love this mildly seasoned and sweet kids’ favorite chili recipe. All you need is one pot, 30 minutes, and only a few simple ingredients. This is so good topped with shredded cheese, sour cream, and some crushed Fritos corn chips. It’s kid friendly and kid approved by even the pickiest eaters.
- Ground lean chicken or ground lean turkey – l lb (must be 99% free to be zero points!)
- 2 15 oz. cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 15 oz. cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 1o oz. cans Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 T cumin
- 1/2 T oregano
- 1 T chili powder
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lime, quartered
- If you are using a pressure cooker or Instant Pot:
- Place the ground lean meat in your pressure cooker or Instant Pot. Use the Sauté or Brown function on your device to cook the meat.
- Pour all of the other ingredients into the pressure cooker except the lime. Quarter your lime and squeeze the juice into the pot. Throw the rind away.
- Select the Beans/Chili button or Meat/Stew button. Start your machine. Make sure the pressure valve is closed. It will cook for 20 – 35 minutes depending on the machine you use (mine is 20!).
- Release the pressure from your cooker and serve.
- If you are using a slow cooker:
- Cut up the onion.
- Spray a cooking pan with fat free cooking spray, and sauté the onion for a few minutes.
- Add the lean ground meat to the pan and cook until the meat is brown, about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Pour the meat (with the juices) and the onions into the slow cooker.
- Pour all of the other ingredients into the slow cooker except the lime. Quarter your lime and squeeze the juice into the pot. Throw the rind away.
- Cook your chili on high for 3 1/2 – 4 hours.
- Serve this Weight Watchers chili recipe right away!
- Add garnishments, which may add to the points value. Depending on the day, I might add chives (0 points), reduced fat cheese (4 – 5 points for a quarter cup), or light sour cream (1 point per tablespoon). This Weight Watchers chili recipe is easy and SO DELICIOUS!