- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 2 (16-oz) cans pork and beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 to 8 slices bacon, cut into pieces and cooked
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan brown the ground beef. When beef is about halfway done add the onions and bell peppers. Continue to cook until beef is done and the veggies are soft.
- Add the pork and beans, barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar to the mixture. Simmer mixture for 5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the bacon pieces over the top of the casserole. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let dish sit for 10 minutes before serving.