the most delicious part of this cake is the lemon butter cream frosting …it is tasty …i use real butter ….the presentation is equally as beautiful and the cake is very moist and sinful =)
Very simple to make. I also garnished the base of the cake with fresh pineapple chunks and maraschino cherries. I kept it in the fridge because of the fruit. Very nice presentation.
- This was my grandmother’s favorite cake!
- Mandarin Orange Pineapple Cake
- 1 box Duncan Hines Butter Cake mix
- 1/2 cup Wesson oil
- 1 11- ounce can mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 12 ounce tub of Cool Whip
- small instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 16 oz. can crushed pineapple
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. combine cake mix, oil, oranges with juice, sugar and eggs. Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees in 3 greased, floured and lined with wax paper pans for about 20 minutes or until center of the cake bounces back when touched. Cool in the pans for 10 Minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on cooling racks.