Casseroles are a gift in life. If I can make casserole everyday I would! This taco cornbread casserole speaks for itself. Check it out.
- 1 package of cornbread/muffin mix.
- 3 cups of cooked taco seasoned meat.
- 1 cup (8 oz) light sour cream.
- 1 cup of shredded and divided colby jack, cheddar or mexican cheese.
- ½ cup of chopped onion.
- 1 chopped medium tomato.
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce.
- Bake the cornbread according to the instructions in the box.
- Once out of the oven, spread out the meat over the cornbread.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, ¾ cup of cheese and onion and add over the meat.
- While the oven is still heated to 350 degrees, bake for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, top the cornbread taco with tomato, lettuce and the remaining cheese.