When it comes to food, there’s not much we love more than cheese. Whether it’s a decked out cheese plate, a molten and cheesy pasta bake, or a cream cheese-based dessert, we just can’t get enough.
Which brings us to this tasty, easy appetizer, which only requires a couple of minutes to throw together, then you can pop it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
f you haven’t gathered already, this tasty recipe is for none other than a pineapple pecan cheese ball.
That’s right, a big ball of cheese, rolled in nuts and full of flavor, that you can bring out on a platter that’ll have all your guests impressed and reaching for the cheese before you can set it down on the table! We love the juicy hint of sweetness that the pineapple lends to the cheese (without being overwhelming), and the green onions and green bell peppers keep it tasting light and refreshing. There’s nothing not to like about this recipe!
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeds moved, minced
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Crackers, for servin
- Combine softened cream cheese with pineapple, bell pepper and green onions in a large bowl or mixer, and season with salt, garlic powder and pepper. Mix together until everything is fully incorporated.Place 1-2 large pieces of plastic wrap in a medium-sized bowl and turn cheese mixture out into bowl. Wrap plastic wrap around cheese, forming it into a ball, then refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or until set.Once set, place chopped pecans on a plate and unwrap cheese ball. Roll cheese in pecans until outside is thoroughly coated.Serve with assorted crackers and enjoy!