This Old School Chicken and Rice Casserole is seriously delicious! We absolutely LOVED this casserole. We ate it for lunch and leftover for a couple of days afterwards. SO good! This casserole is super easy to make. It was ready to go in the oven in minutes. This makes a TON. Next time I might split it between two pans and freeze one for later.
I used a whole rotisserie chicken in this casserole. If you don’t have a rotisserie chicken, you will need about 4 cups of cooked chicken for the casserole. This recipe uses three cans of Cream of Whatever soup. I always buy the 98% fat free or Healthy Choice to cut down on fat and sodium. Our favorite part of the casserole was all the yummy Parmesan cheese on top! YUM! This was a huge hit in our house. Chicken Legs has already requested this again for dinner. I can’t wait!
- 1 rotisserie chicken (4 cups)
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.Remove skin from rotisserie chicken and discard. Remove chicken meat from bones and chop.In a large bowl, combine, chopped chicken, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, cream of mushroom soup, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, water, milk and instant rice. Pour into prepared pan. Top with grated parmesan cheese.Bake uncovered for 40 to 50 minutes.