Just because you’re tired of all that holiday cooking and baking doesn’t mean you’re tired of sweet treats! And trying to back away from the sugary sweets doesn’t mean you have to go cold-turkey on dessert, either.
The perfect answer to both dilemmas? Our No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars!
Now, we won’t claim that these bars are some sort of health treat, but you can feel better about eating them than you did all those cookies and trifles from Christmas.
The oats give them a delicious crunch, and the chocolate drizzle gives them the perfect amount of sweetness. Even better? All you need to do is mix them up, stick them in the fridge, and enjoy.
Let us demonstrate this simple sweet, then read on for the full recipe so you can try them yourself.
I baked about 100 dozen cookies for the holidays and these were everyone’s favorite!! These bars can be frozen, just thaw 10 minutes before serving.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Grease a 9×9 inch square pan.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla.
- Mix in the oats. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until ingredients are well blended.
- Press half of mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Reserve the other half for topping.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust in the pan, and spread evenly with a knife or the back of a spoon.
- Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing in gently.