- Lemon Brownies:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Tart Lemon Glaze:
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 8 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Zest and juice two lemons and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.Pour it into the flour mixture and beat for 2 mins at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 23-25 mins, should turn golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing. Do not overbake, or the bars will dry.
- Filter the powdered sugar and whisk with lemon zest and juice.
- Spread the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set.
- Cut into bars and serve