Since making Knock You Naked Brownies I haven’t been able to stop thinking about them. Something about that gooey, delicious caramel
- 2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Caramel Sauce
- 5 oz evaporated milk
- 1 bag (14 oz) caramels
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 in pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bow. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually mix in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread half of cookie dough into the prepared pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While the cookie dough is baking melt caramels and evaporated milk in a double boiler. Add peanut butter after caramels are melted. Melt thoroughly. Spread over baked cookie dough base.
- With the remaining cookie dough, drop by spoonfuls ontop of the caramel mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.