- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (may add up to 1/4 cup more if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I like dark)
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Add the dark brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until sugars are incorporated and smooth. Chill the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cinnamon and mix together.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and chocolate chips.
- Roll by hand into 24 medium-size balls or use a scoop, and place on a light-colored cookie sheet.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.