- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry oregano, more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil, more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 6 cups water, more to desired consistency
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup celery leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh carrot, sliced
- 1 cup white potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- garlic salt, to taste
- shredded parmesan cheese, to serve
- sour cream, to serve
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large pot. Drain if needed.
- Add spices and onion soup mix.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients up to the potatoes bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer uncovered until potatoes and carrots are tender about 30 minutes. (Add more water if needed).
- Season to taste with garlic salt.
- Serve with shredded parmesan cheese and sour cream.