We love cherry desserts at our house, and we love cheesecake too, so when I came across this Cherry Delight recipe I knew we would really enjoy it. And we sure did! It’s a super easy recipe with a graham cracker crust, homemade cheesecake, and a sweet cherry pie filling. It’s not too shabby to look at either.
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large can of cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For crust – Mix crushed graham crackers, melted butter and white sugar together. Then press evenly into a 11×7 baking dish. Place into oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Set crust in fridge to cool while you prepare the filling…if it’s too hot, it will cause filling to melt when you add it later
- For Filling – With an electric mixer in a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until it forms small peaks/thickens. Be careful not to go overboard since it will eventually turn into butter if you whip it too much!
- In another bowl, mix cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in the heavy cream that you whipped earlier by hand. Then take this mixture and gently pour it onto your graham cracker crust (use a spatula and be gentle since the crust will be a looser type crust).
- Then spread the cherry pie filling on top.
- Refrigerate overnight. The longer, the better! ?