Looking for an upgrade on the traditional egg salad? Try this Deluxe Egg Salad! It includes cream cheese, grated onions and is by far my favorite version of egg salad
- 2 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons celery, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Mayo (or more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped or squished with a fork.
- Croissants or Bread
- Paprika (optional)
- Dill Pickle Relish (optional)
- Bacon (optional)
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in celery, mayo, onion, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Serve on bread or croissants