- 1 cup potato, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1/3 cup melted margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 pie crusts ( either store bought or your own recipe)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Saute onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in margarine for 10 minutes. Add flour to sauteed mixture, stirring well, cook one minute stirring constantly. Combine broth and half and half. Gradually stir into vegetable mixture.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper; add chicken and stir well. Pour into shallow 2 quart casserole dish and top with pie shells.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until crust is golden and flaky