This recipe makes a lot. It is perfect for a crowd. I think this would be perfect for a bridal or baby shower or even tailgating this fall. It also keeps well in the fridge for several days. I actually like to make a batch and divide it into plastic containers for an easy lunch all week.
This recipe uses almonds and sunflower kernels. I bought both of the nuts at Trader Joe’s. Nuts are SO stinkin expensive at my grocery store! They charge over $6 for a teeny tiny bag. Nope!The almonds and sunflower kernels are very reasonably priced at Trader Joe’s. They are also pretty well priced at Fresh Market or Whole Foods.
- 2 (3-oz) packages chicken-flavor ramen noodles
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (12-oz) package broccoli slaw
- 1 Red Delicious apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 rotisserie chicken, boned and chopped
- Whisk together the contents of the ramen seasoning packets, oil, vinegar and sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli slaw, apple, sunflower kernels, dried cranberries, green onions, bell pepper, almonds and chicken. Add the dressing, toss to coat.
- Crush the uncooked ramen noodles and add to salad just before serving. Toss to coat.