Absolutely delicous!!! My husband loved it!!!! I did as some others suggested and bought the pre-sliced beef stir fry strips to make it a little quicker. The ony other thing I did was sliced my green peppers into strips instead of chopping them. I would definitely recommend adding the peppers when the dish is almost done though because they get really mushy and if you like crisper peppers I would add them last.Don’t be fooled by the name. This is not a traditionally prepared Chinese Pepper Steak but it is very good nonetheless. In addition to seasoning the beef with garlic powder, I added red pepper flakes and fresh minced garlic to the crock pot. Also, I suggest adding the green pepper during the last couple of hours of cooking so that they maintain a crispy texture (I added mine at the beginning and they were very mushy). Finally, I added a tablespoon or so of cornstarch (mixed with cool water) just before serving. This created a wonderful gravy that was perfect over rice.This recipe was DELICIOUS and sooooo easy to make! My grocery store had pre-sliced “Beef For Stir-Fry” on sale, so I substituted that for the sirloin and it turned out fantastic (it also saved alot of time and effort not having to slice the meat myself)! I followed the recipe exactly and it was done after about 6 hours on low… the meat was super tender and almost falling apart! The sauce was a little bit thinner than I like, so I took another tablespoon of cornstarch and mixed it in a small bowl with a little bit of the sauce, then dumped it back into the crockpot and mixed it up real well. Then I let it cook on low for another 30 minutes and this thickened the sauce up perfectly! I served it over steamed white rice and then served the leftovers the next day with mashed potatoes — both were YUMMY! My husband and I really loved this recipe and I’ll definitely be making it again!
- 16 oz of beef stew meat.
- 2 of each bell peppers.
- 1 vegetable oil.
- 3 tbsp. Of worcestershire sauce.
- 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- 1 can of beef broth.
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes.
- 1 season salt.
- 1 all-purpose flour.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and season salt then coat the meat in the mixture.
- In a skillet, heat the oil, add in the meat, minced garlic, bell peppers (cut into strips) and cook until the meat starts to brown.
- Remove the meat and peppers from the skillet to a lined slow cooker leaving the grease behind.
- In the skillet where we cooked the meat, add the stewed tomatoes with juice, and 1 can of beef broth to the oil.
- Add the flour gradually while stirring until you make a gravy then pour it over the meat in the slow cooker.
- Cook cover on low for 8 hours.Simple, easy and rich of flavors! This slow cooked pepper steak is so delicious. It doesn’t hurt to change our style for time to another! Let me know if you love it.