They are crispy on the edges and perfectly soft and chewy in the middle. I love how BIG they are. I mean you have to make them big, they are Texas cookies.
And this goes without saying (because I think this is true for every cookie recipe ever), but THE DOUGH. Oh man.
I have leftover shaped cookie dough balls in the freezer and sometimes I pull one out and just eat it, or microwave it for a few seconds so it gets all gooey. DO IT!
If you are in a big hurry like I always am (Who’s not in a hurry to eat cookies?) do my cheat-chill: Shape the dough onto pans as described above and toss in the freezer for 30 minutes. Then bake as directed.
Or you could put the shaped dough into ziplock bags, freeze, and have cookies ready to be baked at a moments notice! (I always have cookies in my freezer. Always.)
- 1 Cup butter
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar
- Cream together and add 2 eggs.
- Add: 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 2 cups flour and 2 Cups oatmeal.
- After all is blended add 2 Cups of chocolate chips & walnuts to taste.
- Drop by large spoon on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350* 12-15 minutes