- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cream of tartar in a medium bowl.
- Work the shortening into the flour mixture by crumbling with your hands until the mixture feels like cornmeal.
- Pour milk into flour mixture and mix well.
- On a slightly floured surface, knead the dough about 12-15 times.
- Make dough into balls (about 2 inches) and place on baking sheet.
- Brush Dough balls with some of the melted butter.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile Bring the remainder of the butter, and all of the honey to a boil in a sauce pan, then set the honey butter aside.
- When biscuits are done remove from the oven and immediately brush each biscuit with honey butter.