- 1 small cabbage, chopped
- 6 to 8 green or red tomatoes, chopped
- 6 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 6 large onions, chopped
- 2 hot peppers, chopped
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 cup salt or pickling salt
- Put all ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved.
- This recipe is designed to be put in pint jars and sealed. Makes 8 to 9 pints. But you could cut recipe down to use for one night of dinner.