Chocolate Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Filling – most amazing cake I have ever made! Incredible chocolate dessert and real hit for chocolate lovers! Chocolate Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Filling is perfect combination of chocolate and cheese!
This cake is cake which I made many times because it is favorite cake in my family.Whenever we have
Whenever we have opportunity I make the most delicious chocolate cake.
In a short time we are going to celebrate son’s birthday and I know that I am going to make this Chocolate Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Filling.
This cake is so delicious so moist so chocolate and anyone who tasted it stay without words. I am sure that you agree with me that chocolate cakes are the best for every occasion.
Because of that there are many of recipes with many different combinations.
This Chocolate Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Filling is classic three layers cake with cream cheese filling.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup natural cocoa powder (such as Hershey’s)
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat three 8-inch cake pans with nonstick spray. Line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper. Spray each pan again and coat with a thin layer of flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla, and mix until everything is thoroughly incorporated. Stir in the boiling water; the batter will be very thin.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each layer comes out clean. Cool the layers in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Wrap each layer in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Make the cream cheese filling and chocolate buttercream (see recipes below). When you’re ready to assemble the cake, remove the layers from the refrigerator. If needed, level each layer with a serrated knife or cake leveler.
- Place the bottom layer on a cake plate. Evenly spread about 3/4 cup of the cream cheese filling over the cake, leaving about 1/2 inch margin around the edges. Top with the second layer and repeat. Finally, top with the third layer. Apply a thin layer of chocolate buttercream over the top and sides of the cake. This is only a crumb coat, so it doesn’t need to be perfect. Refrigerate the cake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator and apply a final layer of chocolate buttercream, as well as any desired embellishments.