- 3 cups cubed chicken
- 16 oz (1lb) bag of frozen broccoli
- 1 med onion diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cube chicken bouillon (or 1 tsp bouillon powder)
- 1/2 cup water (optional, I added this to help disperse the chicken flavoring but the water from the veggies as they cook also would suffice if the dish seems too watery to you)
- 1 Tbspn olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1 cup ricotta
- Bacon Grease
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan – I used left over bacon grease for added flavor, pan spray would be okay too (just maybe not as tasty ;))
- Add broccoli, onion, chicken bouillon, water, olive oil and pepper to a medium frying pan.
- Cook covered for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In a medium bowl mix the chicken chunks, garlic powder, sour cream and ricotta cheese together. Mix till blended.
- After 10 minutes of cooking the veggies, pour the broccoli mix into the bowl with the chicken. Stir until blended.
- Add 1/4 c of the shredded mozzarella cheese to the mix. Stir.
- Transfer your mix to the greased pan and spread evenly.
- Add the remaining mozzarella cheese to the top and pop that baby in the oven!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 – 60 minutes.
- Once the top layer of cheese is browned a bit it should be done.
- If you like your broccoli on the softer side bake until the florets are to your liking.
- Serve warm and enjoy!