wonderful and very pretty!! These will take care of your cheesecake . Taste best the next day. TIPS: Dont use reduced fat or fat free cream cheese. After you have made the swirls, and before you put in oven, VERY gently tap the pan on the counter to remove some bubbles that may have formed when swirling. ** Remember, oven baking times will vary! The batch I just did today took close to 40 minutes at 345 degrees.
I expected the cream cheese mixture to be thick because of the cook’s note, but it was thinner than the batter so I just poured it over the cake batter in the pan. The 1/4 cup of batter was what I had to drop by dollops onto the cream cheese mixture and not drizzle because it was too thick. I baked for it 45 minutes and not 30 – 35 minutes as the recipe states. The edges were getting very brown but the inside was not quite cooked. It tastes okay, but not something I would make again. Very disappointing.
When I saw this recipe that combines my teenage son’s three favorite deserts red velvet, cheesecake and brownies together I knew it would be a hit! My whole family enjoyed this. I decided to bake it in muffin tins but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Thank you for sharing your recipe miss_whisk, I will be making this again!
- Cheesecake Topping Ingredients:
- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Brownie Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter
- 6 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 (21 ounce) Lucky Leaf® Cherry Pie Filling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13×9 inch pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To make the topping: Beat together cream cheese, and sugar until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla and continue to beat until smooth.
- To make the brownies: In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth. Stir in sugar vanilla and salt. Add in eggs and flour. Mix until incorporated.
- Spread brownie mix into the bottom of your 13×9 inch prepared pan. Drop Cheesecake mixture on top followed by the Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie filling. Run a knife through the top giving it the marbled look.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the cheesecake states to turn lightly brown on the edges. The cheesecake center will still jiggle a bit. Cool completely and chill for 4 hours before cutting.