Sometimes, we have family over for the weekend, and I love to cook family meals for breakfast! Saturday night, right before sleeping, I prepared this breakfast casserole and let it cook on low while I was sleeping! It was ready in the early morning. Check it out.
- 12 eggs.
- 1 cup of milk.
- 1 (2 lb) bag of frozen hash browns.
- 6-8 strips of shredded cooked bacon.
- 1 ½ cups of reduced fat cheddar cheese.
- ½ cup of diced onion.
- 1 tsp of dill.
- 1 tbsp of pepper.
- ½ diced bell pepper (optional).
- Place ⅓ of the hash browns on the bottom of a crack pot lined with a liner or sprayed. Place ⅓ of bacon, cheese and onion. Repeat the layers.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, pepper and dill and pour over the layers.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.Simple, but it tastes so delicious! Anything I cook in the crock pot turns out to be super delicious! Everybody enjoyed breakfast and I was happy! Give it a try, I’m sure you will love it.