“My mum taught me this recipe when I was just learning to bake, and I still use it for parties as it is a crowd-pleaser. it is super quick and easy to make. A dollop of vanilla ice cream tops it very well.”
- 1cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- Apple Mixture
- 6 apples, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1 1/3cups water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- 2 In medium bowl, stir together flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar and the salt. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- 3 In another medium bowl, gently stir together Apple Mixture ingredients; set aside.
- 4 In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- 5 Spread apple mixture evenly over cake batter. Sprinkle Topping evenly over top.
- 6 Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.